Gaming laptops today have evolved to come in a variety of styles and designs, and at the moment MSI is the crowned king of them all. To help you pick absolute best MSI gaming laptop to fit your needs and budget, we decided to come up with 3 of the best models currently available.
In this article, you’ll learn how to effectively choose the best MSI gaming laptop depending on:
- Price range
- Weight and profile
- Storage type
- Graphical power
In A Hurry? Here’s The Winner From 30 Hours Of Research
MSI GS65 Stealth Thin
Why is it better?
- Excellent midway point between specs and price
- Thin and lightweight but still powerful
- Amazing per-key RGB keyboard lighting
The Lineup At A Glance
Recommended Gaming Resources
- Our expert’s most recommended best gaming laptop picks
- Best gaming laptops under $500 – cheap but powerful to find a great machine for work, school and casual gaming
- 8 best budget gaming laptops under $1000 to run your game on high to ultra settings without any lag or speed drops
- All thing gaming series
- Don’t want to pay extra to play your game? Checkout cheapest laptop for run all major games (including Fortnite, Overwatch..)
Tips: “Learning” before buying
If you are new to computing we suggest reading our gaming laptop buying guide for a low down on some questions you should be asking yourself before you make your final decision.
Review of the best MSI gaming laptop
1. MSI GT83 TITAN-027 – Most Powerful Pick
- Extreme graphical power
- Fully future proofed
- Truly ludicrous price
- Very heavy
The Titan is hands down the single most powerful MSI laptop available right now. With this level of power you will never have to upgrade, and this model is a workstation on its own aside from being a killer gaming device.
Key features & details
2. MSI GS65 Stealth Thin – Light & Portable Option
- Sleek and lightweight
- Spacious solid state drive
- High price
- No optical drive
On the hunt for a gaming laptop that has the power to run new games on ultra but doesn’t weigh a ton? The GS64 Stealth Thin is our best light & portable MSI laptop pick if you prefer a thin profile for your gaming device!
Key features & details
3. MSI GV62 8RD-200 – Best Budget Choice
- Lowest price
- Optane drive for faster data retrieval
- Least powerful graphics card
- No solid state drive
Want an inexpensive laptop with decent graphical power but that won’t empty out your wallet? This is your best budget MSI gaming laptop option.
Key features & details
Criteria Used For Evaluation
1. Graphical Power
When buying a computer for gaming, the graphics card should be your main priority to ensure stable frame rates at high settings.
The GPU is responsible for displaying graphics quality when gaming and is the most important hardware you should not skimp on when shopping.
We recommend a bare minimum of a GTX 1050 Ti to play modern AAA titles.
If you want to play on ultra settings and future proof against new advances in gaming technology, a GTX 1070 is your best bet right now.
For those obsessed with high performance, the 1080 is another option, although the price will skyrocket with that GPU.
2. Comfortable Build
If you plan to play marathon gaming sessions with a computer on your lap, you want a slim profile and comfortable design!
These days you don’t have to accept a giant bulky laptop and still get high end performance, as Max-Q designs allow for much thinner machines.
We recommend looking for the most spacious, comfortable keyboard possible, and backlighting is ideal for a gaming laptop.
The backlit keyboard may not give you a performance boost when gaming but it should give you the edge when playing in a dim environment. Missing a keystroke will also be avoided with the backlit technology.
3. Storage Solutions
When picking a gaming laptop, you need to make a decision between faster speeds with a solid state drive or more storage capacity for extra games with hard disk drive.
We always recommend a faster, quieter SSD over the older HDD unless you absolutely need more storage space.
A hybrid SSD + HDD combo is what I would personally recommend if you find larger SSDs to be too expensive for your budget.
Fortunately, in this review list we have several SSD+HDD hybrid so finding the right solution shouldn’t be too difficult.
4. Battery Life
Battery life will always be much lower with a gaming laptop, but some have better ratings than others for those times when you can’t be plugged into an outlet.
There’s just no way around it — don’t expect a powerful gaming laptop to have a battery life that could go on for 5 hours or more.
This is the compromise of a gaming laptop. Nevertheless, a 3-hour extreme gaming session should be considered average for a gaming laptop this powerful.
The more GPU power you get, the lower your battery life will go, however.
Still Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
A: Check out these awesome resources:
- How Often Should You Replace Your Laptop? (And Signs That You Need A New One)
- How To Buy A Laptop With Confidence? (A Laptop Buying Guide)
- What To Look For When Buying A Gaming Laptop? (A Trusted Buying Guide)
- Cheapest Laptops To Run Every Major Game (Including Fortnite, Fallout..)
Or Let us know on the comment section below/send us a message here.