TikTok is one of the rapidly evolving social media platforms, which has around 2+ billion users using the platform every day. In addition, studies indicate that users spend more than 90 minutes every day watching videos on TikTok.
The above findings indicate that TikTok would be an ideal place to execute your sales and marketing activities.
Considering the user base of TikTok, we can imagine the audience marketers can reach. The considerable audience base can get converted into your potential leads too. Hence, marketers can use TikTok to promote their products successfully. If you wish to use TikTok to sell your products, seeking help from Trollishly will help you get more reach, leads, and conversions.
9 Simple Steps to Successfully Sell Your Products on TikTok
Selling your products on TikTok has become simpler since Shopify began partnering with TikTok in 2020. Hence, we wish to reveal nine simple steps to sell your products on TikTok. These nine steps are as follows:
1. Select the Right Products
Before you begin to sell your products on TikTok, gaining a good understanding of the platform helps. Get to know more about the users and the products that sell well on TikTok.
2. Learn About the Market You Wish to Target
- Know how well your target market performs on TikTok before creating a TikTok account.
- TikTok is a perfect platform to promote brand awareness and connect with its vast audience.
3. Study the Products That Sell Well on TikTok
- TikTok does not reveal a list of sellable products. However, TikTok shows a series of banned products.
- Watching trending videos will give you more insights into the type of products that you can successfully sell. It also lets you know about the products appropriate for the platform.
- Reading more about the case studies related to the successful sales made on TikTok will help you choose the right products.
- Using the hashtag “TikTokMadeMeBuyIt” to get more ideas about the products that do well on TikTok will also help.
4. Set Up a TikTok Account
- Once you understand the products you wish to sell on TikTok, sign up for a TikTok account.
- To create an account on TikTok, consider downloading the app from the App Store or Google Play. Going to the website directly and signing up for an account works too.
5. Shift to a Business or Pro Account
Once you create a TikTok account, it will be set as a personal account by default. Hence, switching to a business account is necessary.
Apart from using a business account to have your products sold, switching to a business account helps you with the following:
- It helps you know the type of content your audience prefers.
- It lets you get more topic ideas and helps you choose the right audio for your content.
- It reveals the famous carousels from other businesses and content creators.
- You also will gain access to a commercial music library that hosts 1500000 + music. The music you find here is royalty-free.
- It helps you use the Web Business Suite. Web Business Suite will help you download data for analysis and also helps in getting tips on content creation from the creative business hub.
- Lastly, it also helps to gain access to “TikTok for Business” to gain more business-specific insights.
6. Have Your Shop or Products Linked to Your TikTok Account
- After upgrading your TikTok profile, you can either start listing your products or your e-commerce shop linked to your profile.
- Soon after your e-commerce shop is connected to your TikTok profile, integrating your store’s profile catalogue is the next step. Making a shopping tab available on your TikTok profile is very important.
- Ensure to attach product links in your TikTok videos that take users directly to the product page. Product links help buyers to make purchases effortlessly.
- Utilise TikTok Pixel to run ads that are well-optimised. For example: If you own a store on Shopify, it will be effortless to link your store to TikTok. To do this, add the TikTok app from your Shopify dashboard.
Once you complete following the above steps, use the help of the prompts to connect to your TikTok business account. This integration also enables you to run and be in charge of your TikTok ads from Shopify directly.
7. Upload Creative Content
- To post content that is appealing to the audience, use the power of your creativity to the fullest. Creative content helps in attractively promoting your products.
- Posting engaging content also helps to increase your following and brand awareness. You could also buy tiktok followers to enrich your reach and engagement.
8. Collaborate With Influencers
- TikTok being a creator-centric platform, collaborating with influencers gives your brand the exposure it needs.
- Partnering with Influencers can be considered societal proof as well.
- The best way to find suitable influencers for your brand is by using TikTok Creator Marketplace.
- TikTok Creator Marketplace helps you browse through thousands of influencer profiles that can suit your needs. Choose influencers who can make a positive impact on your target audience.
9. Utilise TikTok’s Paid Ads
Running a TikTok Ad and showcasing your products in these ads go a long way in selling your products. In addition, it helps the audience, who are your potential clients, to make purchases easily.
The benefits of TikTok Ads include the following:
- Running TikTok ads is a cost-effective strategy.
- TikTok ads help in enhancing brand exposure.
- TikTok Ads have five different ad formats. Hence you can choose one among the five that suit the needs of your business.
- It helps with brand engagement and establishes a good connection with the audience.
- It helps a lot to increase sales and conversions.
Studies have indicated that TikTok can be considered an excellent and advantageous tool for marketing. TikTok has stirred the desire among 67 % of audiences who intended to buy something other than TikTok to make a purchase. Hence, the nine simple steps that we have shared will help you sell your products on TikTok.