According to a leaked internal training document, recently uncovered by Gizmoda Australia, the Google tablet will be manufactured by Asus and will feature the following specs:
- 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280×800 and a 178-degree viewing angle
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
- nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB or 16GB of internal storage
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
- NFC with Google
- Battery life estimated at hours
Other interesting points of interest are that the budget version of the tablet will come with 8GB of internal storage with a price tag of just $199. The 16GB version of the tablet will cost $249. This put the Nexus 7 in direct competition with thebut with way better hardware!
Another point of interest is that the training document suggests that the Nexus 7 will run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and that Google will be handling system software updates from now on. We’re going to have to wait until Google I/O on the 27th for more details on this.
From the above photo the upcoming tablet looks good, we’re excited for our hands on time this week a Google I/O.
Here is a little video I shot about this story:
Source: Gizmodo Australia